Friday, April 18, 2008


Name: Deepika
Course: Master of Finance



My most memorable experience that I would like to share was my first day at ANU.
I was totally lost and did not have any idea as in what to do and what not to do. Everything seemed so strange and for once, I just felt of going back home. Things seemed exciting and fascinating to me but I was totally clueless of how to go about doing things and making myself settled. Luckily for me, there were people around me who helped me a lot and gave me valuable advice that was really important to me as I was new student. I met people of different culture and was overwhelmed by their sweet gesture that they meted out to me. I met people from my country and they made me feel so comfortable that not even once I missed my family and friends back home. They shared their past experiences with me and gave me their suggestions about how to go about doing things in the first week. I walked down the entire campus that day and one thought that always came to my mind was: “Wow! Such a huge Campus”.
I realised that very day that everyone must have had the same kind of feelings and everyone must have gone through the same kind of emotions that I went through when I first arrived out here. Its just a matter of time that takes for a person to settle down, but once everything gets sorted out here- “Life will be a wonderful journey, the memories of which you will cherish for a life time”

No comments: